I believe that this one is quite old already… But who cares? 2008 is still nearer than 2010 so I guess that it is not yet too late. Besides, better to be late than never… But never is fine so being late must be finer than fine. Oh well, just read.
Anyway, I’m re-watching J.C. Staff’s most awesome show currently, Azumanga Daioh.
A survey done by animesource. I can’t find the original post, however.
Quick thoughts about the survey:
1. Onizuka is a greater god than Haruhi and Lelouch. Onizuka should be in the top 1. Still, it is quite a good result for Onizuka for an anime that is unknown by many fools and forgotten by bigger fools.
2. As much as I loathe Naruto and Bleach, it is normal for the two shows’ characters to show up in a popularity contest. Still, my loathe to them never changes.
3. Spike is better than Light and L. And those two never deserves a slot in the top 100 like Naruto and Bleach. Lelouch overpower those two in terms of intellect.
4. Gintoki should be one of the top 10.
5. Luffy is tolerable. But he should at least be in a lower rank. Still, the impact of time is still great. The show has been airing for so long that such popularity is expected.
6. Lelouch wins by a great margin. This reminds me of the character popularity of Hayate no Gotoku wherein Hinagiku always win by a great margin (Maria is always second).
7. A character popularity contest with no Hinagiku is sad. Oh well, I guess this is expected in a show which has not aired in 2008. Hayate no Gotoku show never left much impact in the anime subculture anime. And Zettai Karen Children is an underrated series so the character’s greatness never shined that much to gain huge popularity.
8. Vampire Knight’s Kaname and Zero must die. I don’t see what’s good in the show anyway. It was far from enjoyable… And nothing was worth being thrilled for.
9. Gundam seed (destiny) characters should just die… Gundam seed (destiny) was not even gundam. Setsuna is gundam.
10. Contradiction to point # 1. Osaka should be number 1.
11. Zero no Tsukaima’s Louise should never be in the list. She’s far from a great character… Far from a great tsundere.
13. Suzaku’s memes made him one of the 100’s.
14. No Mikuru. No Mikuru beam.
15. Code Geass’ Shirley is better than Kallen.
16. Saber was a male and people do not care about it.
17. 3 goddess made it. Belldandy, a goddess whose name came from a Norse myth. Nagi, who is a deity made out of wood that became human through Jin’s alchemy. Haruhi, a god who’s unconscious of the fact that she’s a good.
18. Lucy is too cute that I forgot that she took of my head a while ago.
19. Mr. Despair is in despair that he is not on the top 10.